Sunset Beach Dog Rules, North Carolina 2023
Dogs are allowed on Sunset Beach; however, everyone should abide by a few rules and regulations if they are interested in bringing dogs to this pet-friendly beach.
The Sunset Beach Dog Rules
- Before 9 am and after 6 pm dogs are allowed on the beach.
- The owner must dispose of animal waste properly and keep the beach clean.
- In Sunset Beach, all dogs must be leashed.
- Pet owners cannot dispose of animal waste near any residential zone. It should be disposed of in selected areas.
- Pet owners should ensure that the dogs don’t rupture any local animal habitats or bird nests.
- On the ancient wooden portions of the boardwalk, dogs are never permitted.
- Pet owners should look into the matter that no one on the beach is disturbed by their dogs.
- Pet owners are required to exchange information after any dog bite or injury.
Note:- There may be a penalty of more than 100 dollars for violating these rules.
The Sunset Beach Dog Rules North Carolina
Are dogs allowed at any time in sunset beach, NC?
After Labor Day and up to the Friday before Memorial Day, dogs are welcome at the beach but must be on a leash. From the Friday before Memorial Day through Labor Day (May 29th through September 4th), dogs are not allowed on the beach from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Dogs are permitted on the beach at other times, but they must be on a leash no longer than 10 feet.
Read 16 Best Dog-friendly Beaches in North Carolina
About Sunset Beach NC
Sunset Beach is a pet-friendly beach in the Brunswick country of North Carolina. The resort town offers an exceptional ocean view and a pollution-free atmosphere. An approximately 900-foot-long, good fishing pier is available at Sunset Beach.
The museum, Ingram Planetarium Swing Bridge, and Sunset Beach Town Park are must-sees near the beach.
On the coastline, there are six magnificent golf courses. Top-notch eateries, including Fibber Mcgee’s and La Cucina Italian Grill, are close to Sunset Beach, NC. There are also several excellent resorts and commercial centers in this area.
- Parking: $7 per day and less space for parking(streetside).
- Things to do: Visit Kindred Spirit Mailbox, Ingram Planetarium, Sunset Beach Park, and Sunset Beach Fishing Pier.
- Dog-friendly restaurants: Fibber McGees, House’s Place at the Beach, Bridge Grill Pizza & Golf
- Rentals: Top-rated rentals near Sunset Beach are Sunset Properties, Sunset Vacations, Jammin’s Jellyfish, The Junie, etc.
- Beach hours: All Day in sunlight.
Read Wrightsville Beach Dog Rules
Directions to Sunset Beach, North Carolina
From everywhere in the nation, Sunset Beach is simple to locate. Sunset Beach is ideally situated 30 miles north of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and 50 miles south of Wilmington, North Carolina’s Historic Port. Both of those places have airports that are accessible from Sunset Beach. Sunset Beach is relatively accessible to travelers all year round because of easy access via I-40 and 1-95.
Can you swim at Sunset Beach, NC?
Yes, you can swim at sunset beach, but at your own risk, as no lifeguards are there. Therefore, ensure that you swim with a partner and pay special attention to any young members of the party.
How far is Sunset Beach from Myrtle Beach?
Myrtle Beach is approximately 32 miles from Sunset Beach, and it will take about 40 minutes to reach there by car.
Does Sunset Beach, NC, have a boardwalk?
Yes, every year, the boardwalk and amusement park are open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. This local area, which captures the essence of summer at the beach, has become a beloved landmark for tourists and locals.
Beach Rules for Pets Articles:-