Myrtle Beach Dog Rules, South Carolina | New Rules 2023
Myrtle Beach is welcoming to both humans and their pets. They even have special dog parks across the beach area. There are certain Myrtle Beach dog rules to ensure everyone has a good time and that the decorum of the beach is maintained.
This pet-friendly beach is a 60-mile-long coastal area by the Atlantic Ocean in South Carolina, United States. It’s also known as the Grand Strand because of its variety of beach entertainment instruments and grandeur.
Myrtle Beach Dog Rules
Myrtle Beach dog rules SC
- Dogs must always be on a leash of seven feet or shorter.
- Dog owners must make sure to pick up and properly dispose of the droppings of their pets.
- From May 1 through Labor Day, dogs are prohibited from entering the beach area from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Dogs are allowed from Labor Day to April 30 of next year.
- From May 1 to September 4 (Labor Day), the Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Boardwalk and Promenade allow dogs from 5:00 am to 10:00 am.
- From May 15 to September 15 at the City of North Myrtle Beach, dogs are prohibited from entering between 9 am to 5 pm.
- Dogs are allowed 24 hours on Pawleys Island and Georgetown County beaches.
- They need to be kept leashed from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm. You can keep off a properly trained dog’s leash before 9:00 am and after 7:00 pm.
- Certain areas of the beaches are restricted for dogs. These areas are marked. Hence dog owners should keep their dogs out of these areas.
Read Folly Beach Dog Rules and Guidelines, South Carolina
About Myrtle Beach SC
Myrtle Beach is a beautiful destination to spend quality time with your furry friend. It’s very pet friendly and has unique amenities for pets to enjoy their time. The Myrtle Beach dog rules ensure the maintenance of everyone’s safety. Following these rules will allow you to create some memorable moments with your pet at the oceanside.
- Dog-friendly restaurants: Myrtle Beach, in general, is very pet friendly. Thus, many businesses allow dogs on their patios or outside dining areas. Crooked Hammock Brewery, Crepe Creation Cafe, Pizza Hyena, The Sneaky Beagle, etc., are some of the dog-friendly restaurants in the region. The Sneaky Beagle even offers a menu for dogs and has play areas for them.
- Rentals: beach facing vacation rentals and condos are available across the Myrtle Beach area.
- Beach hours: Myrtle Beach is open twenty-four hours all week.
Things to do At Myrtle Beach South Carolina
- The vast expanse of Myrtle Beach is equipped with a variety of entertainment for people of all ages and genders.
- Spend time with friends and family at amusement parks or water parks near the beach.
- Try your hand at leisure sports like golf at the golf courses near the beach.
- Visitors can do water sports like parasailing and jet skiing on the ocean waters.
- Enjoy fishing from a pier or by chartering a boat.
- Indulge in a dog-friendly hike in a state park to spend quality time with your four-legged friend. You can also visit the Market Common for some shopping.
Myrtle beach Parking
Several paid and free parking lots are available around Myrtle Beach public beaches. The average cost of paid parking is $2 per hour. Refer to the interactive parking map of the City of North Myrtle Beach to find a parking spot favorable to your location.
When is the best time to go to Myrtle Beach?
The best time to visit Myrtle Beach is during summer, from June to August.
Where is Myrtle Beach Located?
Myrtle Beach lies on the east coast by the Atlantic Ocean in Horry County, South Carolina, United States.
Are Pit Bulls allowed in Myrtle Beach?
Pit bulls are allowed in Myrtle Beach.
Are dogs allowed on the Myrtle Beach boardwalk?
Dogs are allowed to be on the boardwalk with you and your family.
What to do in Myrtle Beach?
You can swim, try watersports, hike, and visit water parks and amusement parks while in Myrtle Beach.
How far is Charleston from Myrtle Beach?
The distance between Charleston and Myrtle Beach is 98.4 miles.
Is Myrtle Beach safe?
Myrtle Beach is absolutely safe for all at any time of the day.
When is bike week in Myrtle Beach?
2023 Bike Week in Myrtle Beach is from May 12 to May 21.
How far is Myrtle Beach from Charleston?
The distance between Myrtle Beach and Charleston is 98.4 miles.
Are dogs allowed on Myrtle Beach?
Dogs are allowed on Myrtle Beach and the boardwalk.
Does Myrtle Beach have a boardwalk?
There is a boardwalk in Myrtle Beach. It’s 1.2 miles long.
How far is Pawleys Island from Myrtle Beach?
Pawleys Island is located 25 miles south of Myrtle Beach.